Hey Everyone,We got a nice little surprise this morning when we discovered the free Hello Vino app is featured in the 'Apps for Foodies' list on iTunes!In the spirit of the Apple love, let’s throw some fruit in the weekend wine pairing!Want to make a mouthwatering meal that is simple to make? You could even take this one outdoors and impress your friends at a casual cookout.There are lots of ways to cook pork, but with the warmer weather, why not hit it with yogurt, marmalade, and pineapple?Grilled Pork and Pineapple (credit: recipe.com)Ingredients:
- 4 3/4-inch-thick boneless top loin pork chops
- 1 peeled and cored fresh pineapple
- 3 Tbsp. orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup roasted, lightly salted cashew halves, chopped
- Sprinkle pork lightly with salt and pepper. Cut pineapple into 1/2-inch-thick slices; set aside.
- For a charcoal grill, place chops on the rack of uncovered grill over medium coals 4 minutes. Turn; add pineapple.
- Brush chops and pineapple with 2 tablespoons of the marmalade. Grill 3 to 5 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, combine yogurt and remaining marmalade.
- Arrange pineapple and chops on plates. Top with yogurt; sprinkle nuts.
Makes 4 servings.
Red Wine Pairing: Zinfandel - jammy fruit flavor with blackberry works.White Wine Pairing: Gewürztraminer - semi-sweet with a jasmine, orange blossom and apricot notes.Our personal pick: Go with Gewürztraminer
Cheers!The Hello Vino Team