Weekend Wine Pairing: Flounder w/ Mushroom Risotto & a #wineparty with Twitter friends. Sip. Share. Smile.
Tonight at 9pm EST, Hello Vino will be sponsoring and participating in #WINEPARTY. This Tweetchat is hosted by @blogdangerously and gives a bunch of wine drinkers a chance to Tweet and mingle with a little vino in hand. The focus is not 100% on wine, just like it’s not when you’re in a living room with friends…and apparently you can virtually hang out with 200-300 social wine drinkers this evening.
So feel free to shoot over some questions, share what you’re sipping, and let’s have some fun.
Now, onto the food…
Flounder with Mushroom Risotto
- 2/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 pounds flounder or sole fillets
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine or chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 cup soft whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Sprinkle the green onions and mushrooms into a 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange fish over vegetables, overlapping the thickest end of fillets over the thin end. Sprinkle with marjoram, salt and pepper.
- Pour wine or broth and lemon juice over fish. Cover with cheese and bread crumbs; drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees F for 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Now the Mushroom Risotto…view the recipe from a previous blog here
Wine Pairings: Although this is fish, you can do red wine. Here are a couple candidates…
Dry Merlot: One that is lush with plum, black cherry, & caramel
Pinot Noir: A red wine with red berry, truffles, & some earthiness
Nebbiolo: A red wine with wild cherry and truffles
The Hello Vino Team