Since Valentine’s Day has passed, and you may have had your fill of heavy dinners and chocolate, we thought you could tackle something that isn’t too fussy, but completely different from what you may have had over the last week.
Here is a nice, lightened version of sesame chicken. This dish looks refreshing, and you can serve it over steamed rice with some broccoli.
Healthy Sesame Chicken
Ingredients (credit: yummly.com)
- 1/4 cup unbleached flour (purpose)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper (ground)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken (breast halves cut into 2 inch 4 inch strips)
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil (dark)
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds (toasted)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives (optional)
1. In a gallon-size plastic bag, combine flour, salt and pepper.
2. Add chicken, seal bag, and shake well to coat.
3. Coat a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and warm over medium-high heat.
4. Add chicken to skillet and cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until no longer pink.
5. Transfer to a plate.
6. Reduce heat to medium.
7. Combine soy sauce and sugar in the skillet.
8. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sugar dissolves.
9. Add oil and sesame seeds.
10. Add chicken and chives.
11. Toss and serve immediately.
Gewürztraminer: A dry aromatic wine with a tangerine, white peach nose, and lychee flavor
Sauvignon Blanc: A light white wine with passion fruit
Do you enjoy red wine more than white? No problem…
Merlot: A lush red wine with plum, black cherry, & caramel
Enjoy the weekend!