Craving some straight up steak with a little seasoning to make your taste buds do the Lambada? This is a great time of year to throw some steaks on the grill, invite some friends over, and enjoy some beverages. Certain red wines are just perfect with certain styles and cuts of red meat. Pick up a few bottles of the suggested varietals below and enhance the flavor of your meal with every bite. Wine and dine like a backyard rockstar!
Although this recipe calls for a littler lead time due to pouring marinade over the steaks and placing them in the refrigerator, after the flame of the grill finishes off how you’d like your food cooked, be prepared for a salty, somewhat bitter, and savory delight.
Ingredients (credit: Yummly.com)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 7 clove clove garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary (chopped)
- 2 tbsp prepared mustard (dijon style)
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 lb tri tip steak
1. Place onion, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, soy sauce, rosemary, mustard, salt, and pepper into the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth.
2. Place steak in a large resealable plastic bag. Pour marinade over steaks, seal, and refrigerate for about 3 hours.
3. Preheat the grill for high heat.
4. Brush grill grate with oil. Discard marinade, and place steak on the prepared grill. Cook for 7 minutes per side, or to desired doneness.
Zinfandel: a spicy style with blueberry and blackberry
Châteauneuf-du-Pape: a fragrant wine with jammy plum, red berry, and hints of black olive
Merlot: a dry style with plum, blackberry and clove
Have a great weekend.