You know a recipe has a history when it has a Roman numeral it.
I’ll be the first to admit that I loves chips, dips, and other pickings at parties. Even after dinner, I cannot resist munching on these delicious snakes and appetizers. A family member once sake, you still grazing over there?”
Yes. Yes I am. My arm would be a crane with this cheesy and fragrant dipper.
Hot Artichoke and Spinach Dip II
Ingredients (credit: AllRecipes.com)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a small baking dish.
In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, Romano cheese, garlic, basil, garlic salt, salt and pepper. Gently stir in artichoke hearts and spinach.
Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish. Top with mozzarella cheese. Bake in the preheated oven 25 minutes, until bubbly and lightly browned.
Can’t go wrong with Sauvignon Blanc. Try to find one with “grassy” herbs and a little smoke and you’re in business.