When you have a serious, comfort food - pasta craving…chicken parm is mighty enticing.
The cool thing about this recipe is that there is no frying pan, and no grease-splatttering. This dish is simple carbs, sauce, and a delightful craving killer casserole.
Easy Chicken Parm Bake
Ingredients (Credit: AllRecipes.com)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups prepared marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 (5 ounce) package garlic croutons
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Coat the bottom of a 9x13 inch casserole dish with olive oil, and sprinkle with garlic and hot red pepper flakes. Arrange the chicken breasts in bottom of the dish, and pour marinara sauce over chicken. Sprinkle basil over marinara sauce, and top with the mozzarella cheese, followed by half the Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle on the croutons, then top with remaining half of the Parmesan cheese.
Bake in preheated oven until cheese and croutons are golden brown and the chicken is no longer pink inside, about 35 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a chicken breast should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
Sangiovese: a red wine with tart cherry, plum, and some spice
Pinot Noir: a nice wine with red berry, cherry and truffles
Merlot: Another red that is lush with plum, black cherry, and caramel